- Republic of Moldova is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible state.
- The form of government of the state is the republic.
- Republic of Moldova is a democratic state, based on the rule of law.
Separation and collaboration of powers
In the Republic of Moldova the legislative, executive and judicial powers are separate and collaborate in the exercise of their prerogatives, according to the provisions of the Constitution.
The Constitution of the Republic of Moldova is its Supreme Law. No law or other legal act contrary to the provisions of the Constitution has legal power.
Respecting the international law and international treaties
- The Republic of Moldova obliges to abide by the Charter of the United Nations and the Treaties to which it is party, to base its relations with other States on the principles and norms unanimously recognized in international law.
- The entry into force of an international treaty containing provisions contrary to the Constitution will have to be preceded by a revision of it.
The unity of the people and the right to identity
- The State is based on the unity of the people of the Republic of Moldova. The Republic of Moldova is the common and indivisible homeland of all its citizens.
- The state recognizes and guarantees the right of all citizens to preserve, develop and express their ethnic, cultural, linguistic and religious identities.
Republic of Moldova, neutral country
- The Republic of Moldova proclaims its permanent neutrality.
- The Republic of Moldova does not allow the deployment of military units of other states on its territory.